Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Goblin Market, by Jennifer Hudock

I have just finished reading The Goblin Market, by Jennifer Hudock. It has all the things I most enjoy in a book -- a quest/journey, characters who are well drawn, believable, and easy to tell apart, lots of tension and surprises, non-human characters, and the bonus of a female protagonist. Meredith has a very compelling reason to see her quest through to its end, and her experiences along the way are believable and well written. Ms. Hudock did an excellent job of creating the Underworld and its inhabitants. This is the sort of book that sticks with you after you've finished it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent book to read, you did a smashing review of it,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to making it this far, congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the market for a new book, and this sounds right up my alley. I will have to check it out online to get a better feel for it, but thanks for the recommendation!
    Ava

    ReplyDelete